Sunday 1 September 2019

Day 7 and First Day of Spring :)

Day 7 weigh in and we have a gain of 50 grams..... so a 2.1 kilo loss to date, oh and my glucose readings were quite a bit down today, in fact just about close to being in the normal range :).

Sleep pattern - not sure when I last updated my sleep pattern....

Thursday - Bed 11.30pm - awake 8am
Friday - Bed 1.30am - awake 8am
Saturday - Bed 11.30pm - awake 9am

Last night we had chicken wrapped in bacon, I was going to make it myself but they only had chicken breast at the local supermarket and really couldn't be bothered making it, when I saw already made ones in the butchery compartment, I asked what was in them and he said chicken thigh wrapped in bacon, because they were the right way up, when he put them in the tray I didn't see the stuffing in them, whoops - anyway I cooked them in the air-fryer and they turned out delicious, the mushrooms so were nice as well. In fact I am having the rest for breakfast, oh and yes I did eat the stuffing :). 


Anyway this is what it looked like and sorry the photo is crap.... see the stuffing, also dont know why I even have a knife on the plate I cant even use one with the splint lol


Yesterday I said going low carb is more expensive, I say that cause meals cost more, like this meal with everything came to just under $20.00 with mushrooms/bacon etc.... in the past we may have had a supermarket pizza/pie or sausages and potatoes and peas for $10.00 (this is just a basic example), also snacks consist of salami/cheese.... low carb crackers are $6.00 for half the size of normal crackers and triple the price. Before low carb, it would be chip/lollies/normal crackers etc.... yes it is the wrong foods but thats the reality thats the food that got me to that big. At the moment, when I only have one hand, it is pretty hard to cook from scratch, Almond/Coconut flour is also double the price if not more than normal flour....last night I cooked the mushrooms with one hand, and just things like cutting up the mushrooms and bacon takes so much work. Using cream in sauces's is more expensive than just a normal gravy. Keto/Low Carb bread is round the $9.00 a loaf rather than a normal loaf for about $3.00.  Yes in time I will start eating less, once I lose more weight, but for now, right now it is more expensive to eat this way :)

Speaking of food, for dinner tonight, we are having 'Keto Hamburger Patties with Creamy Tomato Sauce', we wont have cabbage though with it, not sure what we might have, am feeling like some fries so might have some french fries with it - (I am not doing keto remember), I am ok about having french fries once a week/fortnight or so...... I will have to remove the splint to make the patties. 

Anyway another beautiful day out there today and it is 16 degrees, our warmest day since I dont know when...., might drag all the cushions out on the chairs and relax outside for a bit today. Better make the most of the weather as it is suppose to rain all of next week :(. 

Going to post now, while I remember :)

Have a great day/night, wherever you are :)




5 comments:

  1. I don't buy any special keto food. I never buy bread or crackers etc. We have meals like we would normally have had just minus the potato. I always have cream on hand for my coffee but have never put it in a gravy. I'm not sure why you'd need to do that. Cheese is fairly cheap ($10 for a kilo) and you use 1/4 the amount of coconut flour to normal flour. When I bake I usually use 3/4 almond flour and 1/4 coconut. Yes almond flour is expensive but you really don't need to bake much?? My low carb crackers only use pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and psyillium husk. All of these are pretty cheap as you don't use much. I could make many batches of my crackers for $6 I think :)

    I get that it's difficult with your hand at the moment. Maybe when that gets better you can look at more recipes to save money? I certainly have never found I spend more for just me and Stu. Don't let the cost stop you from healthy eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prob should have said sauces for the cream, rather than gravy, I am sure once I get better, the cost will go down as I am more able to make meals from scratch. I am just trying to keep things a bit more exciting than just a basic meal right now as I adapt, which adds up the cost, come summer it will be heaps better as it is just salad and meat most nights :).

      Delete
    2. I 100% agree about summer!! We have a Weber BBQ and Stu loves to cook on it. All I have to do is organise the meat and make sides/salad - easy :)

      Delete
  2. Oh and should add we were not eating healthy meals of meat and veges, since my arm, we were eating packaged foods that could be heated in the microwave, so were not making good choices, pizza's, pies, garlic bread and soup and so on..... thats why right now I am trying to keep each meal different :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Counting down to warmer weather and bbq's and salads myself.

    ReplyDelete