Sunday 23 June 2019

Scared.......

I have set up a Facebook Page for Chico and her surgery and recovery.... click 'here'.

I am not going to lie, we are both bloody nervous in regards to surgery and what the consult may tell us. Things like is it worth getting the surgery done or will she be in pain after she has recovered post surgery, we dont know how much arthritis (if any) is there and so many more questions we have unanswered. Currently she is in pain, though she wags her tail, she is not herself.... it breaks our heart seeing her like this. 

If both legs are involved, that could be $8000 and she is 8 years old..... we would really need to make some serious decisions. So many unanswered questions right now. We are hoping for the positive but......

Then add to that, my surgery is 4 weeks later, everything just seems so overwhelming right now. We are not sure of the outcome with that in regards to pain in the wrist etc... as it was originally a bad repair. One thing it is good to know, that the pain I have had the previous years is because of the original bad repair and not just in my head. I am a little excited to know that I could be pain free in that wrist......

I have a friend, who is having the time of her life ticking things off her bucket list, she is so focused and so inspiring. Once both Chico and my surgery's are over and we are back fully recovered, it is time to set ourselves some dreams and to actually be proactive with them, rather than the one day we will do this.......

The only thing keeping us in Rotorua and not moving further away is being near my father right now. But there are many other things I can do off my list (Once I set up one again), in the meantime. We keep saying we will do this and that once we retire.... but some of the things we can do now.

But first, I need to focus on Chico and her recovery, then me and my recovery and then it is time for life to begin...... so that starts November onwards, once my wrist fully recovers, add to that dealing with my daughter and her breakup from her partner of 6 years, this year has been pretty stressful - 2019 has to be a better year than this year thats for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment