Monday 21 May 2018

21st May 2018

Pool Done today, loved it every minute of it again



Calories - I have been asked a few questions about my calories and how many I eat, the difference between active and total calories etc....

So here is some of the answers...
Active Calories are my calories I burn when exercising, or doing an activity in the exercise zone, Total Calories are exercise and resting calories totalled together, so the difference between the two are the resting calories  the ones that we use everyday just to stay alive, like breathing etc.....

So last Friday I did Active Calories off 2403, this included the swim and other bits throughout the day, which put me in the exercise zone, my Total Calories were 4847 this included the Active Calories of 2403 + Resting Calories off 2444.

Now food and how many calories I eat a day, my daily amount is 1650 calories, I add minimum 50% of my active calories (in the exercise session only), to my 1650, so that means my goal for Friday was 1650 calories + 50% of my Active Calories while in the pool 840.5 Calories so my aim for Friday was 2490 Calories for the day, I ended up having 376 calories left for the day, so had 2115 calories for the day. Most days I try to eat at least 50% of my Active Calories every day, as I find if I don't, I don't lose weight. This balance for now seems to be working out well, and when I get to a point where the scales are not moving, I will review it then. 

So today I have my 1650 Calories + 50% of my Active Calories at the pool, which is 827 which totals 2477, so my calories for the day are round the 2500 mark. 

Hope that helps for those slightly confused lol.

If you have any other questions, then just leave a comment and will try to answer it :)

Active Calories: 2389
Total Calories: 5209
Calories Remaining: 462




4 comments:

  1. Thanks for clearing that up!! Now I get it.

    What are you doing at the pool - walking or swimming? I'm not a fan of the pool due to the hassle of all the washing and chlorine smell etc but it's probably something I could look into!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do about 1 - 1 & 1/2 hours of lengths, anything between 1 & 1/2 K's - 2 Ks swimming and then anything from 15 - 30 minutes aqua jogging :). It is a hassle but for me I love it that much, that it is worth it lol.

      Delete
  2. I love how you love swimming. It is hard to find a exercise that we love so if you have then keep going my friend. wohoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is and I cant believe I left for like 7 years to get back in the pool :).

      Delete