Tuesday 18 September 2018

No Gym.... :(

I have to use my judgement with going to the gym until I see the physio next week. Today the achilles was still niggly, so made the decision not to go, I dont want to go through what happened last week to happen again, the pain was just not fun. I am seriously reconsidering the pool a few days a week.

Tomorrow, I am going grocery shopping and preparing to start lower carb, we don't have to much carb food in the house, so thats a bonus. I am not going to give up fruit, though I will limit it to two servings a day. Yesterday I said that Davids diabetes blood test came up higher, though it is not extreme, it goes to show that adding carbs in (yes they were increasing weekly, as we got more used to them), is not a good option for him. I know for him it is going to be hard  to choose what he cooks for dinner etc, just for the fact he does not research it and rely's on me for suggestions all the time, which can become frustrating at times. And that frustrates the hell our of me......... 

Thursday I am meeting LeeAnne for lunch, will be good to catch up..... am feeling a bit blah the last couple of days, I think not going to the gym has something to do with it, but I need to remember this is just a glitch.....

Anyway a new day tomorrow, tonight I am going to watch some youtubes to get some ideas for lower carb foods :).


2 comments:

  1. Don't forget that if potatoes are cooked then cooled and reheated the starch turns into resistant starch which does not affect blood sugar as much. You can precook potatoes, cool over night and use for roast potatoes and chips etc. Also when bread is frozen and then toasted the same apples (also rice, just make sure it's well heated through). This was from a documentary I watched called "The Truth about Carbs". Hopefully that will help make some meal choices easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh thank you for that, good to know if we want something a little different once in a while :)

      Delete