Thursday 10 January 2019

Great start to the year.......

I wish......

Yesterday as I popped down to the supermarket, some guy went through a stop sign and smacked into the front side of my car (driver side wheel area), got my car towed and now it may be written off, as they think the suspension might be fucked and as it is a front wheel drive, the cost to repair may be greater that what it is worth. Wont really no anymore till mid next week. The driver gave me a number which isn't working, lucky I photographed his license, and his car rego. He was apparently driving his cousins car and he had a Fijian license, he gave me an addy of the owner of the car, so hopefully the insurance can find him. If the suspension isn't fucked, they are hoping that maybe they can get the wheel fixed so I can drive it, and book in the panel beating in a few weeks time, if that cant happen and they decide to repair it, it could be up to 4 weeks before I get it back, as a lot of panelbeaters are closed till Monday and with Christmas they have a bit of a back log, though mine will take priority as they do tow jobs first apparently, though there are a few cars in the same position as me. Who would think this bit of damage could make the car a write off....



This means no car for a while, means no gym either bugger it all, just when I was getting back into it. I can do some exercises at home..... but have been told to be careful with the cyst - or at least till after the ultrasound so we can see what it actually is, though it is more than likely a cyst, putting pressure on the nerve or tendons. 

Nails have been really busy, hope that continues now that I am house bound for a while, we have David's car but he also needs his for work.

Anyway will  update more in another post, am feeling a bit down......

2 comments:

  1. Damn getting hit but good that you weren't injured. I think many people feel a little down after all the hype of the Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks!! At least you were not injured and have insurance although it looks likely you may have to pay the excess initially unless they can identify & get an admission of liability from the other driver.

    Keep positive :-)

    ReplyDelete