Wednesday 16 January 2019

They say things come in three's.....

Well in 16 days, two bad things have happened, still waiting on an update on the car........ was really hoping to hear today :(.

Second thing, went and got my ultrasound today and I dont have a cyst after all, (I wish I did as the alternative is worse), but I have a snapped tendon on my middle finger to the wrist area. What was suppose to a 5 to 10 minute ultrasound, ended up being over 30 minutes, as they discovered there was no cyst, but a snapped tendon. 

Tomorrow I go to the GP where a referral will be done to see the orthopaedics, though it looks like surgery is the only option, with a recovery time of 12 + weeks, including 6 - 8 weeks in a splint. Just when the nails are getting busy...

They think one of the screws (from my wrist surgery 7 years ago) was rubbing against the tendon, weakening it, and when I was at the gym 6 weeks ago and doing weights it snapped. It hurt like buggery and I have a good pain tolerance, but thought it would heal itself over time, but it kept getting worse. 

So far I am not enjoying 2019....

I feel pissed off right now.....

3 comments:

  1. Bugger. At least it's fixable even if not a quick fix :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping so, as it has been 6 weeks, it has done quite a bit of damage (as in the tendons were fraying,), thats how she explained it to me. They may have to put a pin in to connect it, and may not ever get full use of my hand again, especially the middle finger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee I hope that is not the case Jax, fingers crossed they won’t need to pin it !!

      Delete