Sunday 25 August 2019

The day before....

It is the day before I start changing how I feel and what I am doing..... I have been feeling like crap emotionally and physically, this surgery has taken its toll because the recovery has been so much harder than any other surgery/broken bones I have had in the past. 

Anyway finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, though that end of the tunnel is still a long way off. 

The hand exercises I am doing is starting to really show improvement - though I still have to wear the splint 24/7 apart from the 5 minutes every 2nd hour that I do the exercises. I think in about 2 weeks time, (well being hopeful), I will be allowed to drive and then getting back to nails soon after. Tomorrow I go back to the hand therapist, (surgery will be 5 weeks on Tuesday), and am hoping come week 6, I can start taking the splint off more in the day, if not all day, I will still need to wear it at night though for another few weeks.

I am so unfit right now, my back hurts when standing, I am so out of breath all the time as well - though I have not gained weight since surgery, my overall fitness has declined 100%. I am hating the way I feel emotionally and physically. It will be a while before I am allowed back at the gym, so figure walking is the next best option. Food wise, though I have been doing lower carb for the majority of time the rest of the time, it has been full of carbs. So this brings me onto the now..... 

I have set myself three goals:


  1. I am going to start walking outside, we are suppose to be getting more fine and dry weather over the next week than rain for a change), so am going to aim for 1 to 2 small walks a day, hopefully this will help to start getting some fitness back. I know it wont be far to begin with, but psychologically it will do me the world of good. 
  2.  The next thing I am going to do is the 100 day weigh in challenge, I will put the weigh in's on here (though it might not be daily when I post, but will back date the updates if I dont post every day). I will be putting the weigh in something like this (as I am not confident enough to put my full weigh on here yet). We all know I am over 100 Kilos so it will be something like 1*3.6 Kilos, when I feel confident enough I will put the other digit in (I have to start somewhere) :).
  3. Third goal is I am going to start vlogging, yeah I know I have said this 100 times before, but am really going to make an effort, might just make it a weekly vlog as it will give me something to do rather than watch Netflix or Sky all week. It will be good to edit again, might even edit our Aussie trip from last year :). I am hoping it will make me want to do more things (like cooking, even though I cant' cook complicated meals right now (still mainly one handed), I can do basic lower carb meals in the air fryer. 
Speaking of food/meals I am doing lower carb not keto, I am not counting macros - right now my blood sugars are high and need to get them back under control. I am going to completely cut out sugars, and keep my fats on the lower side than what you would with keto. Doing lower carb means that most veges are going to be ok as well, as long as it doesn't go over my carbs. Though I have allowed 80 grams of carbs, I would like to stay round the 50 grams :).

So far for this week, the meals planned are:

Monday - Homemade bun free burgers
Tuesday - Steak
Wednesday - Something with mince.

Anyway thats it for now, will post this before another day goes by..... wish me luck as I know I am going to need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment