Tuesday 14 January 2020

Ok whats been happening.......

Some changes have been happening in the last week, first of I have started back at the gym, have been a few times and met my physio there yesterday to get some wrist exercises to do at the gym. The first time was really hard and scary, just you know being the fat person, thinking people will look at me and think man she has put on weight, since I last went regularly which by the way was April. But five minutes into it, all those thoughts had gone, and the next day I went was easier and each time after that was easier and now I dont give a shit about others. 




This brings me onto the next subject food - well diet, yip that dreaded word diet, actually I dont find it a bad word, to me losing weight means I have to change my eating which means for now it is a diet, one day it will be a lifestyle change but for now I am calling it a diet :). Lately there has been some controversy over the whole being fat and it's ok.... One thing I do agree with is that yes any size shape or body deserves to be respected, and yes we should learn to love ourselves no matter what size we are....... but what I dont agree with is that being obese/fat is ok, sure it is ok while you are younger but the longer you stay obese/fat the more health complications will happen as you age. Hell I am a good example of that, I have been fat for many years, I was always an ok size growing up, till I moved out of home and started drinking and eating whatever I felt like. Anyway onto the now from being fat for may years, it has finally caught up with me, with 'high blood pressure' and 'type 2 diabetes'. I am not on any medication for the diabetes, it is suppose to be controlled by diet, which it is if I am sticking to plan and my goal is to come of all the blood pressure meds. Up until the last 5 years or so, I was also one of 'those fat healthy people', but then it happened, it finally had caught up with me. 

So where does that leave me with so many food options out there, all which have some good in them, too name a few we have 'Jenny Craig''Low Carb', 'WW', 'Phatt Program'so how do you choose - god knows, for me I am choosing the one I am most comfortable with, which for me is WW - why well I am liking the look of their new programme, I have joined for 3 months, I have had a good look at it and can also do lower carb using the points system, the one thing I struggled with doing low carb, was that I ate to much on it, with foods containing quite high fat, also doing lower carb/keto does not seem to work with me when doing the gym five days plus a week. So I am following the WW Green plan, which means everything has points except most fruits and veges. Higher carb foods tend to have higher point values as well, this will help with my portion control which I seem to have no control over currently.

I am not setting myself any major goals, just small goals that will hopefully show huge results as time goes on. Weigh in is still Wednesdays. Today I am trying to get my head around the new WW program and will start Day One tomorrow.

As those who know me, know I am a big fan of Kombi/VW's and my goal one day is own a another VW as Kombis are out of my price range and repairs would be huge as it is getting harder and harder to get parts for, so anyway VW's for now are not being made anymore after 2019, so decided to check out the 2019 model, OMG I am in love and my dream would be to own one of these, I love the classic look of them.... but OMG they are so out of my price range, so please let me win lotto or something lol. 



Doesn't she look beautiful, they range in price from $45000 - $75,000, just a little out of price range but one can dream, oh and I would get this colour as well :). 

Sooty is settling in really well, her and Rusty are still not best friends, but they are getting closer, another week and I think they will be best buddies :). 





Anyway thats it from me for now - catch you soon :)

3 comments:

  1. Well done on joining WW...

    and btw love the vw...I can see you zipping around in one of those....mmmm can see me too !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi have a look at the Michael Mosley book "The Fast 800" it is a really good and interesting read you maybe be inspired to take some ideas from it. My husband did and has lost 10 kilos in a couple of months and no longer needed his blood pressure medications it also has great recipe ideas which are quick and tasty. I assume you have heard about him before? he is an English Dr and has TV docos as well. The Fast 800 talks a lot about type two diabetes, body inflammation etc. Interesting

    Peta

    ReplyDelete