Wednesday 18 April 2018

A bit more about me.....

Ok, some more info on me, my fitness and food...

Food:
I pretty much do lower carb, I say lower carb as I allow myself fruits, as in higher carb fruit like 🍌 and mandarins etc..... I also do have some crackers with cheese and salami etc on it, (I don't overdo it), thats why I say lower carb, I do avoid anything with sugar in it, apart from what comes in natural foods, like fruit etc...... I also make sure I don't have high fat, and also avoid anything with wheat (apart from the crackers).

Health:
I was diagnosed pre diabetic, and with this way of eating I have managed to fix that. I do have high blood pressure, but we feel that is more to do with the increase of pain as I was coming of the meds, but until we can get that under control, there will be no more med reduction.

Exercise:
I have a physio from ACC who does my program currently, a lot of it involves core work, balancing, cardio and weights, so a good combination. Though my weight loss has slowed down, I am still losing cm's at a good rate. I have been going to the gym for a good four months now. I go Monday and Friday to the pool (am hoping to add a Wednesday permanently soon), and go to the gym Tuesday, Thursday and once on the weekend, or twice on the weekend if I don't get to the pool on a Wednesday. I am loving the gym and pool, though I am not sure I will say that when the frosts are here and I have to get up early in them lol. I usually do about 1 1/4 hours swimming lengths, consisting of Freestyle/Backstroke and Breaststroke, I also then do about 20 minutes of aqua jogging. In the gym, my workouts are approx 1 1/4 hours as well, I do a warm up on the treadmill, then do a mixture of Balance/Core and Weights and end on either the Cross Trainer/Bike/Rower. Oh and just started introducing the Stair Master, which currently nearly kills me. I burn anything from about 700 - 1200 calories at the gym and at the pool about 1600 - 1800 calories in a session. I have an Apple Watch Series 3 now, so that I can get an accurate reading, especially in the pool.

Now up until last week, when I got struck with a virus, I had been going minimum 5 days a week to the gym or pool. I went yesterday but then got worse again with the virus, so had today off as I had clients and will also take tomorrow off as I have a busy afternoon with clients, but come Friday I will be back at the gym again. The pool I use is closed this week, due to them using the pool for secondary school water polo. I never thought I would say I would miss exercise lol

I have a doctors appointment on Friday to get a blood pressure check, though if I am still feeling not well, it may not give an accurate reading.

For those who may not know me, here is a bit of info, I am 54 years young, have twins (boy/girl), 23 years old this year, bloody hell. There dad and I split up a few years ago now, and I am married to David. We have 2 dogs, and I am a nail tech that works from home. I am still on ACC since my pushbike accident 7 years ago, from which I developed CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome), but finally things are falling back into place.

So there you have it a bit more about me, I prob wont blog tomorrow but come Friday this machine will be back into it again, am not going to let a virus bring me down any longer :).


No comments:

Post a Comment