Thursday 1 August 2019

Time for another post......

I am starting to feel a bit down...... I am sick of doing nothing, yesterday I thought I would make a cheese and ham toasted sandwich in the frying pan, the toasted sandwich maker was in to an awkward place to get out.... I figured it would be easy with one hand (David started back at work yesterday) - well that was not quite the case, when I went to flip it, the grated cheese went everywhere in the pan. I just sat and cried, what was suppose to be a simple task became complicated. 

Went to the hand therapist on Tuesday, go again tomorrow (Friday), and back to the surgeon on Tuesday, which will be 2 weeks after surgery, hopefully to remove the stitches. I got the underside of my wrist tape removed and this is what it looks like currently, they reopened up the previous scar from 8 years ago to remove the plate and screws. 


Will be interesting to see how it heals over time. The hand therapist is happy with the small exercise/movement I am doing. I do the exercise every hour, it takes about a minute to do and it is a very small movement, thats all I am allowed to do at the moment. Still have to wear the brace 24/7, another 4 weeks to go :). I am still in a lot of pain......

As I mentioned above, I am feeling a bit down, I am trying to stay optimistic but I am not going to lie I am worried about the outcome... the surgeon said the previous surgery (8 years ago), was a mess, and there was nothing he could do about that now. 

Whoops it is many hours later now, I kept falling asleep - am not sleeping properly at nights, better post this before I doze even more.

1 comment:

  1. Hi being restricted is very annoying...sounds like you are doing all the right things, so try to keep positive and look forward to some little pleasure every day and plans for the future..

    Peta

    ReplyDelete