Tuesday 8 October 2019

Day 44....

TUESDAY - DAY 44:

God knows where the other days have gone, not a lot changed except I ate what I shouldn't have and 2 gains in a row... but day 2 back on track. I am not going to lie, though I have had 2 huge gains, I know if I wasn't weighing daily and just ignoring the scales I would be a lot worse. 

About to head out the door for my mammogram, we get free 2 yearly mammograms over the age of 45 - mammogram done :)

Not a lot has happened in the last week, my hand therapist appointment last week went well, we can start taking the splint of in the daytime now, around the home and start doing some light activities, so we have turned a small corner. I see the surgeon on Tuesday, it has been 11 weeks today since surgery. I am hoping he might say we can take the splint of full-time, except I will still need to wear it for another 4 - 6 weeks at night time, but the hand therapist will make me a night splint, so I wont need to wear the extension bit, that is a pain and keeps falling off.  I have gained 10% on average more movement in the wrist and hand, so little by little I am getting there. 

Steph came down on the weekend, and went home yesterday, she took her bunny home, though he was kinda cute, I am not going to miss the malting and the daily cleaning lol. He is an indoor rabbit, and loved running around the lounge etc.... 

I have been loving pottering around in the nail room, changing things around a bit, cant wait to change the lounge around, but that will have to wait till I get clearance from the surgeon to move heavy stuff. Now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I am getting so frustrated that I can't do more yet......

Anyway thats it for now, let's hope we start losing again.... life is full of ups and downs :). 


No comments:

Post a Comment